Welcome to the Coaches Section. Here you will find links, documents and other information that will help you improve your practices and games, and make the season even more fun.
COACHES CERTIFICATION PROGRAM & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Head coaches in all divisions and assistant coaches in AA through Major divisions must complete the coaches certification course. This program is mandated by the national Cal Ripken organization. All fees the certification go to the national organization.
- The certification required is "Coaching Youth Baseball: The Ripken Way for Babe Ruth Baseball Coaches".
- The link to Babe Ruth is: http://www.baberuthcoaching.org/coaches/.
- All coaches are expected to know their responsibilities as an LYB Coach. Read, sign & return the attached Responsibilities Form
- All coaches are required to participate in the concussion training available on the Heads Up website. (Click on the link to access training)
- Coaches should also read/review and print the Concussion Fact Sheet
- Coaches can direct parents to the Parent Concussion Fact Sheet (also available on our website under "Info>Downloads") if they have questions regarding league protocols.
- Refer to the updated Coaches Manual for current rules regarding pitch counts.
- Please use the attached Pitch Count Log to track pitches thrown each game.
SI Play has some great user manuals that can help answer a lot of your questions on everything from subscribing to your team calendar via iCal or Google Calendar, to inviting a family member to see your team info or receive team notifications.
*SEE THE COACH USER GUIDE FOR INFORMATION ON POSTING SCORES
HOW DO I HELP OUR TEAM WITH FIELD SETUP OR POST GAME CLEANUP?
We've got you covered. Field Maintenance - A series of 6 videos
Everything you need to know all in one place! (Scroll down to access all 6)