The snack bar at Morse Park is a popular destination throughout the season for league players, their families, and all game spectators. Our snack bar is run and managed by members of the LYB Board but relies heavily on the support of our parent volunteers.
- Teams in the Rookie and Single A divisions will each be assigned one shift during the season.
- AA, AAA, Minor and Major Divisions will each be assigned 2 shifts during the season.
- Teams are asked to send 3 volunteers from their team to help man the snack bar during their assigned shift.
- Volunteers should be 14 years of age or older.
- ABSOLUTELY NO CHILDREN ARE PERMITTED IN THE SNACK BAR - this is a violation of health and safety codes. If you have children with you, they MUST remain outside the snack bar.
- Volunteer duties include: preparing "hot" food for distribution, filling food orders at the window(s), operating the register, restocking supplies from back-stock as needed, and maintaining the overall cleanliness of the snack bar.
- It is important that all volunteers follow the appropriate guidelines for opening, closing and cleaning the facilities.
- This includes proper hand washing, use of gloves for food handling, and sanitizing counters as needed.
- Snack bar food and beverages may not be consumed by staff while they are volunteering. If you need to take a break, please step outside to consume food.
The Snack Bar Schedule for the 2017-18 season has not yet been posted. Once drafed it will be available in the "Downloadable Forms" page of the website.
Coming Soon... We will be uploading a few documents to help guide volunteers as they prepare for their shifts:
- Snack Bar Menu (Subject to change. Specials and seasonal items may vary)
- Snack Bar Opening & Closing Responsibilities
If you are unable to work your volunteer shift, please reach out to your coaches and fellow team parents as soon as possible to arrange a substitute. If no substitute can be located please contact the Snack Bar Manager Laryssa Frank for assistance.